Sunday, April 20, 2008

Born in Akron, Ohio






I was born in Akron, Ohio on November 17, 1947 in People's Hospital. I don't think we stayed there very long. In my last post I showed you my first home with the sheer curtains in the window. I duplicated that curtain look when I had my own first "purchased" home in Kennesaw, Georgia. Memories have strong influences!!!

The Berlin Airlift started so Dad applied for recall. He was recalled in September of 1948 and off to Enid, OK we went. We lived in an airstream trailer for a few months. (I've always like those too!)

A few more pictures..................................................

2 comments:

mamakyker said...

these pictures are awesome! loving the history....

Jenny-Lynn said...

All very cool! It is nice to hace these pictures and stories preserved this way!